Monday, May 30, 2011

Recipe Box

I have decided l won't be doing any challenges this week, so instead l worked on a continuing off the page project of mine, a recipe box:The box was from Kaisercraft, as well as the paint (turquoise), the paper is My Minds Eye, Mod Podge was used to adhere and seal the papers. I used my cricut and my "From my Kitchen" cartridge (just LOVE this cartridge!) to cut the "recipes" and 3d cupcake all from chipboard. This was the first time l'd used chipboard with my cricut, l think the chipboard l used was a fraction too thick as it didn't quite cut through 100% of the way, it cut through enough to be able to push the pieces out, but there were some stray chipboard layers in some places. Only took a few seconds to remove and smooth out, which l think is completely worth it for the chipboard effect. I haven't completely finished the box as l'm unsure of how to finish it, but l am so happy with it! All design is 100% me =)


Side view of my box, l love these papers!

Top view of the lid.
Close up of the layered chipboard, cut from the cricut.

Its not completely finished, l still have to put the silver handle on, as well as fill in the font and side panels.

1 comments:

Maria Elena said...

Wow Sarah ! your box is so pretty, unique, great job and I love those papers too!
Thanks for commenting in my blog!
Have a great Tuesday ;-)
~Maria Elena~
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little blog, leave a comment and let me know your blog name and l'll definately take a look =)