Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Hello everyone, hope your weekend is going well!

I have some exciting news, l WON the challenge for last week - l was one of the top 3 winners! (3 flowers and purple) at Cooking With Cricut! Thank you so much to them for letting me participate and for encouraging those creative juices!

I have a layout here that l have made for the Cooking with Cricut Blog - 2 Shades of Pink and a cupcake/cake


Its a photo of my nan and l at my 1st birthday party. I thought it was fitting as it has a birthday cake in the picture!

Materials Used:
  • Cricut Expression
  • Simply Charmed Cartridge (Happy Birthday)
  • Echo Park Paper
  • MS Border punch
  • Ribbon (don't know manufacturer sorry)
  • Stamps (misc, if anyone knows the brand l would love to find them!)
  • Copics Markers - B01, B02, B04, BV01, BV02, BV04, RV02, RV04, RV06
  • Kaisercraft Pearls
  • Tombow Markers
  • Bazzil Scalloped Cardstock

This is the first time l've ever used Copic Markers - the pink cupcake wrapper l'm not too pleased with but l'm pretty happy with the blue and purple.

Until next time!

11 comments:

Jean said...

What a great layout!! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

Sarah Whitton said...

Thanks Jean, l can't wait until the next one is up =)

Mad Crafter said...

Congrats on the win:) I love your designs:) This layout is super sweet! I like your copic coloring! Keep up the good work!!! TFS and thanks for playing with us again at Cooking With Cricut this week.
~Madison CWCDT Funkycards.blogspot.com

Sarah Whitton said...

Thank you Madison! I went to a copic class for the first time on Saturday - the teacher was nice enough to lend me her markers to practise with and l thought it would be nice to use them!

Melin said...

WOW Sarah!! I LOVE your layout! It is so cute! You went from being an adorable baby to such a pretty young lady!!! I LOVE your Copic Coloring....Geez girl if that is your first time out....I can only imagine where you will go from here!!! Thank you so much for sharing your talents and gifts with us at CWC! Melin...CookingWithCricut.com :-)

Sarah Whitton said...

Thank you so much Melin, its really nice to get encouragement =) I love the challenges on the CWC blog, its amazing, this time 2 months ago l had no idea challenge blogs even exsisted!

My teacher for the Copic Markers is a very good teacher =) I am going to slowly purchase my own in small sets (3 at a time) =)

JustYolie said...

Your layout is adorable! It's no wonder you won!

Sarah Whitton said...

Thank you JustYolie =)

Jen said...

Love this LO, Sarah! I think you did an awesome job with the copics -- I love those cupcakes. What a precious photo of you and your Nan! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cooking With Cricut this week.

~ Jen, CWC DT
www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

Sarah Whitton said...

Hi Jen,

Thank you so much! The cupcakes are sweet aren't they! The stamp isn't mine, l borrowed it from someone who went to the copics class, and l didn't find out the brand. They are pretty large and a great size for cards =)

kramer_buffy said...

congratulations on your win! This one is so cute!!!! Thanks for playing with us again at Cooking with Cricut.

-- Dalis

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little blog, leave a comment and let me know your blog name and l'll definately take a look =)